Data : collectively all information that you submit to Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Cookies : a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
External Third Parties : means:
Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited, or us : Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10707125 whose registered office is at Windrush Court, Abingdon Business Park, Abingdon OX14 1SY;
Internal Third Parties: This means other companies in the Hitachi High-tech Group acting as joint controllers or processors and providing IT and system administration services and undertaking leadership reporting.
Legitimate interest : means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to do so by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract : means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Personal Data or Personal Information : means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
UK and EU Cookie Law : the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you : any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website : the website that you are currently using, https://hha.hitachi-hightech.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
We will not collect Personal Data about race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, sex life, trade union membership, political views, information on health and biometric data.
How Personal Data is collected:
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including:
5. Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited is the "data controller" of this website.
6. We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any applicable legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances:
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
8. All Personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. We will only use your Personal Data as allowed under law. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website.
9.1 We will generally use your Personal Data:
Generally we do not rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Data other than in relation to direct marketing communication to you from ourselves. You have the right to withdraw consent to that form of marketing at any time by contacting us.
9.2 Examples of lawful basis/ legitimate interest for processing Personal Data:
9.3 We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
9.4 If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
9.5 Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service order you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
9.6 We may use your identity, contact, technical, usage and profile data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
9.6.1 You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
9.6.2 Please note you can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing communications at any time by checking or unchecking relevant boxes on opt in notices and/or clicking unsubscribe when you receive marketing emails from us or by contacting us at any time.
9.6.3 Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communication, this will not apply to Personal Data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
10 Disclosure of your Personal Data
We may have to share your Personal Data with the following for the purposes described above
We require all third parties to respect the security of your Personal Data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
11. Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain Personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
15. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
16. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
17. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
18. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your Personal Data held by Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited (where such Data is held).
21. Data security is of great importance to Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
21.1 In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
21.2 We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your Personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
24. We may monitor and record communication with you (such as emails) for quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance purposes.
26. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
27. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
28. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie and Purpose
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
29. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details on how to do change or remove Cookies please see https://www.aboutcookies.org/, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
30. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
31. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
32. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
34. Your rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in respect of your Personal Data:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
34.1 You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, unreasonable or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
34.2 We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
34.3 We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
34.4 We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
34.5 If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you should therefore:
34.6 If you wish us to stop processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you should:
37. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
38. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
39. We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. You should check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.
40. It is important that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Data changes during your relationship with us.
41. For credit card payments, we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
You may contact Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Limited by email at [email protected].
Our contact details
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to [email protected] or you can write to us at: Windrush Court, Abingdon Business Park, Abingdon OX14 1SY.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
24 May 2018