As Hitachi High-Tech’s handheld laser analyzer, Vulcan, celebrates its first birthday, we look at 10 facts as to why you too should be celebrating this second generation LIBS (Laser Induced Breakdown Spectrometry) analyzer too.
1. It’s one of the fastest analysers on the market – just one second!
2. It’s great for QA/QC applications.
3. It’s great for recycling applications.
4. Lots of customers are coming onboard, including Paul Meijering Stainless Steel, who recently ordered 5 Vulcan analyzers and they aren’t the only customer loving their Vulcans. Read also about how the Vulcan benefits GT Factors, I Holland and Romuta’s businesses.
5. It means low cost of ownership
6. It’s been built to last: IP54 certified, NEMA3 equivalent and complies with MIL-STD-810G military grade for ruggedness.
7. Samples can be held in hand safely.
8. Real-time reporting and instant data thanks to LiveConnect.
9. Pushing a handheld analyzer to its limit – we’ve got you covered.
10. Reliable grade ID with every measurement throughout the day
Still confused about LIBS technology? Watch our LIBS Explained video to make sure you understand the technology.